With limited access to gyms + equipment for many, I jot down 10 ways I try to burn more calories in my home some days.
These are great to combine together to make sure you’re moving more, but also a few in addition to your actual workouts.
- Make your floors spic and span and burn 100 calories by vacuuming your house for 25 minutes
- Go for a brisk 15-minute walk outside with a pet. Take it a step up and jog them every few minutes to exercise you and them!
- Stand when you work. You burn 10 extra calories for every 10 minutes you stand vs sit.
- Jump rope for 7 straight minutes. Hey, you can do this while watching TV or waiting for water to boil in the kitchen!
- Get your groove on and dance moderately for 20 minutes
- Take the kinks out of your clothes and burn 100 calories ironing for 25 minutes
- A 40-minute joyride at 10mph on your bike will burn 100 calories + get you fresh air.
- Make your car look shiny and burn 100 calories with a 20-minute wax
- Update the look of your home-20 minutes of painting burns 100 calories
- Avoid the elevators and take the stairs-20 minutes of stair climbing burns 100 calories