Blackened White Fish Sandwich
makes 4 sandwiches
What You Need:
- 1 LB white fish, bones + skin removed
- generous Old Bay + Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced + pan-grilled
- 1 cup pineapple, sliced
- 1 cup avocado, thinly sliced
- gluten-free brioche buns, brushed with avocado oil + pan-grilled
TIP: watching your carbs? I make this an serve it atop a half of a bell pepper (pan-grilled) or in a lettuce wrap
For the Aioli:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 TB paleo mayo
- 1 TB plain Greek yogurt
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil the fish + cover with the seasonings. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until it flakes easily when forked.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a small skillet + pan-grill the onion.
- Chop the veggies + prep the buns.
- Mix the aioli together.
- Plate the buns topped with the aioli, avocado slices, pineapple, cabbage, onion, + fish.