Paleo-Battered Chicken with Sweet Corn Sauce
makes 4 servings
What You Need:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- dash of black peppers
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/4 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp olive oil
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn, defrosted
- 1 TB garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup diced scallions
- 1 1/4 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp jalapeno, minced
- 2 TB bell pepper, minced
- 1 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 TB raw honey, melted
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp thyme, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
SUGGESTION: Serve with pan-grill bell peppers
- Flatten the chicken breasts with a meat mallet. In a shallow dish, place the chicken with the coconut milk + pepper- refrigerate for 2 hours +.
- In a medium sautée pan with a dash of oil, sautée the corn, garlic, + scallions over medium heat for roughly 3 minutes. Add in the jalapeno + bell pepper, cook for another 30 seconds. Add the chicken stock + cook until the liquid is reduced by 50%. Season with the honey, salt, pepper, thyme, + lemon juice. Blend until pureed. Set side.
- Combine the flour + spices in a medium bowl. Dredge each chicken breast on both sides in the mix until coated. Over medium heat, heat 1 1/2 TB oil for 30 seconds. Add in each chicken breast + cook 3-5 minutes/side until cooked through.
***Serve each breast with 1/4 cup sweet corn sauce + a side of veggies.