Spinach + Parmesan Pancakes
makes 6-8 pancakes
- 2 medium zucchinis, grated
- 3-4 handfuls baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup minced fresh herbs; I love basil + oregano
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 TB yellow onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup cassava or coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Salt + black pepper, to taste
- Avocado oil, for pan-frying
- Place the grated zucchini in a colander + sprinkle it with salt t0 bring the excess water out- let it sit for 15 minutes. Then, pat it between paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, spinach, parmesan, herbs, eggs, onion, + garlic. Stir to mix well. Then, pour in the flour and baking powder- mix well.
- Heat avocado oil for 30 seconds over medium-high heat for 30 seconds + swirl around the skillet. Using a measuring cup- place 1/8 cup of mixture per pancake. Let it sit + heat for 1 minute, then use the bottom of the cup to flatten it. Pan-fry for 3 minutes per side.
- Depending on the size of your skillet, you may need to repeat.
- Serve with pan-sauteed tomatoes + a tasty garlic aioli or marinara sauce.