Simple + easy is key for most people and being at home with our families has us cooking up a lot more family-friendly, but healthy recipes. Here is a rehabbed recipe for sloppy Joe’s that are tasty and save you on the calories.
Sloppy Joe’s in the Slow-Cooker
What You Need:
- 1 LB ground white turkey or chicken meat
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 head of Boston lettuce or cabbage, for “wraps”
- 1/2 cup ketchup – I love organic versions and low-sugar options
- 2 TB brown sugar
- 1, 6 oz. can tomato paste n- can be optional
- 3 TB Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
WATCH THE VIDEO TO SEE HOW TO MAKE!