Nothing makes me happier these days in the kitchen than a quickly prepped, but creative savory breakfast bowl filled with an abundance of nutrition. Fermented foods for better digestion thanks to some kimchi, antioxidant-rich cabbage, spice to boost the metabolism, fiber-filled brown rice, protein-packed egg, + dark, leafy greens for the win with Bok Choy.
Kimchi Brown Rice Bowl
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup kimchi, I buy the Mother In Law’s prepared Kimchi because it is one of the pre-made lower sodium options
- Brown rice bowl or 3/4 cup prepared brown or black rice – Annie Chun’s easy steam bowls
- 1 TB scallions, chopped
- 1 cup Bok choy; pan-grilled with sesame oil + scallions
- Thai red chiles
- QUICK COOKING TIP: instead of chopping peppers, use a chile paste- I love the ease of Gourmet Garden’s
- 1 egg, fried
- QUICKER COOKING TIP: have soft or hard-boiled eggs ready + use them instead.
- 1 TB sesame seeds
- Handful of shredded purple cabbage
Simply saute the Bok choy + scallions with sesame oil while steaming the rice in the microwave + frying an egg. Mix all together with the remaining ingredients + enjoy!