Korean BBQ Cauliflower Fried Rice Bowl: makes 1 serving
This colorful concoction was an impromptu dinner with a combination of veggies, healthy fat, some pickled goodness, + the most complete protein: an egg! Gluten-free, paleo, + to-die-for flavor!
What You Need:
- Korean BBQ sauce – I use We Rub You
- 1 1/2 cups riced cauliflower, gently steamed (Quick tip: by it pre-riced. Available fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 serrano pepper, sliced (Cooking tip: want it spicier? keep the seeds)
- 1 cup shiitakes, sliced
- 1 egg, fried
- 3 scallions, sliced (save the ends + slice those up to top)
- 1/8 cup pickled carrot – I buy Oh Snap!
- 1/8 cup avocado, diced (Cooking tip: I LOVE to place the avocado in the fridge to chill before using!)
- Sesame seeds, raw
- Rice the cauliflower (I use my mini Cuisinart processor) + place it in a skillet over medium heat with shiitakes, scallions, + serrano peppers + a drizzle of sesame oil. Saute for a few minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, fry or make an egg over-easy.
- Chop the pickled carrot + some extra scallions.
- Put the cauliflower mix with the pickled carrot + extra scallions in a bowl, drizzle with BBQ sauce, + top with sesame seeds and the egg.