This salad is a taste of Fall with some added flava’ thanks to the tasty curry!
Curried Chicken Salad with Roasted Fall Vegetables
makes 4-6 servings
What You Need:
- 5 carrots, halved lengthwise + then halved horizontally
- 1 small yellow onion, quartered
- 1 bag of Brussels sprouts, halved
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 small apple, diced
- chicken stock or olive oil – chicken stock to cover the chicken if slow-cooking + olive oil to use if baking
For the Sauce:
- 1/8 cup hemp hearts
- 1 1/2 -2 TB curry powder
- 2 dashes of sea salt
- 2 dashes of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 paleo mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Cut the veggies + place them in a baking dish or sheet. Brush with olive or avocado oil.
- Roast until lightly browned + tender- roughly 15-16 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bake the chicken with olive oil for 30-40 minutes depending on their thickness and size.
- Chop the chicken + place it in a bowl with the veggies and chopped apple.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients. Stir it all together + serve in lettuce cups or over greens.
I love a not-so-simple salad for lunch to keep me full until dinner + change up the standard chicken salad!
BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad
makes 1 serving
What You Need:
- 1 cup hand-shredded rotisserie chicken (no skin)
- 2 handfuls of greens
- 1 cup broccoli florets, roasted or steamed (quick tip- put it in a glass tupperware with water + microwave for 5 minutes or until desired tenderness)
- 1/4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 watermelon radish, sliced
- 1 TB scallions, chopped
- 1 TB paleo ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 TB low-sugar BBQ sauce
- Just plate it all + top it with the dressing + BBQ sauce!