DETOX BATH BENEFITS
A detoxifying soak in the tub for 20 minutes a few nights/week before bedtime can change your life, we promise. Not only will specific bath-time recipes help your body sweat out nasty toxins you have accumulated throughout the day, but it will also prep you for a good night’s sleep, calm you, + provides a fantastic time to connect with your mind via meditation after a long day.
How does it do that? You will SWEAT-IT-OUT. Being able to remove metabolic waste that can turn into and/or create chronic disease is a MUST when it comes to our health!
Detox Bath General Rules + Regulations:
- Soak for a minimum of 20 minutes, but do not stay in fo longer than 40 (too much of a good thing, you know what I mean…)
- Don’t be surprised if you feel light-headed or flushed when you are getting out of the tub, so take it slow and easy and always try this when someone else is home with you.
- Do not eat immediately after your bath, but by all means, drink plenty of water to replenish what you just released.
- Do not use any harsh, chemical-laden soaps while in the bath as your pores are open at this time and your skin may be more sensitive to them.
Ashley’s Favorite Detox Bath Recipe:
- • Fill it with Warm/Hot water
- • ¼ cup Himalayan Crystal salt
- • 2 cups Epsom salt
- • ½ cup Baking Soda
- • 1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- • 10 drops essential oil of choice
- • I love invigorating peppermint or calming lavender
Recommended frequency: 2-3 times per week minimum
As always, consult a doctor beforehand to ensure you do not have any limitations.