Recipe Rehab for Classic and Creamy Elotes
I made this recipe to not only make it healthier, but also efficient for the time and groceries needed by having a quick prep and less ingredients needed to get the same flavor!
QUICK PREP TIP: you can buy fire roasted frozen corn and defrost it, remove moisture from it by pressing it between paper towels, and just heat it in a skillet briefly!
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 6-7 minutes | Total Time: 16-17 minutes
makes 4 servings
- 3 cups of corn, prepared or see the quick prep tip above
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/4 cup Cotija cheese
- 1/8 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/8 cup paleo mayonnaise (or avocado oil based)
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 4-5 scallions, chopped
- 2-3 TB cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Sea salt + pepper, to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat the butter until melted- roughly 30 seconds.
- Toss in the garlic, corn, + scallions. Cook until tender. Remove from the heat. Mix with cheese, lime juice, scallions, mayo, yogurt, cilantro, salt and pepper, and the chipotle pepper.