These light + lean meatballs are FULL of flavor.
makes 3 servings//5 meatballs per serving
What You Need:
For the meatballs
- 1 1/2 LBS ground chicken or white turkey meat
- 3/4 cup gluten-free panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 cup + 1 TB green onion, chopped
- salt + pepper, to taste
- to top: 4 carrots, shredded + 1 TB raw sesame seeds per serving
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup Sriracha sauce
- 3 TB Bragg’s liquid aminos or gluten-free, low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 TB rice vinegar
- 3 TB raw honey, melted
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TB fresh ginger, peeled + minced
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together all of the meatball ingredients in a medium bowl – stir well to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (if you don’t have any, spray some cooking oil over the sheet.)
- Form the meatballs with your hands + place on the paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes + meanwhile, begin the sauce.
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients together in a sauce pan. Heat over medium heat + bring to a boil; stirring constantly, let it simmer for 6-8 minutes until it thickens. Set aside.
- Serve 5 meatballs with some shredded carrots, raw sesame seeds, + 1/3 of the sauce!