As a mom, I like to sit down with my daughter and talk through the foods she might want while I am planning my own meal prep menu. Snacks are a mainstay since most kids eat smaller portions, more often, so I encourage healthy + whole food snacking as often as possible.
Here is a list of some of my little’s favorite nutritious snacks:
- Organic string cheese & a ½ cup of fresh fruit
- 2 TB organic or homemade hummus and 1 cup raw veggies-of-choice
- 1 TB organic almond butter (or sunflower seed butter if there is an allergy) on a slice of Ezekial (or sprouted) bread topped with banana slices + drizzled with a fruit-based fudge called Wax Orchards
- Homemade Trail Mix: 2 TB cup raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds, 1/4 cup pretzels or pretzel goldfish, 1 TB of shaved dark chocolate, and 2 TB dried cranberries (no sugar added)
- Peach or nectarine slices with ½ cup organic whole fat cottage cheese or plain Greek yogurt
- Apple slices with 2 TB natural nut or seed butter + then sprinkled with cinnamon
- 3 avocado slices with one slice of nitrate- and hormone-free roasted turkey breast wrapped around them + can be dipped in salsa!