Grilled Balsamic Steak Summer Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes 2-3 servings
- 1 lb lean steak, sliced
- 2 TB balsamic vinegar
- 1 TB Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
For the Salad:
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 6 cups watercress
- 1 corn on the cob, husk removed
- Avocado oil spray-for cooking the corn
To Toss on Top, a Gremolata:
- 2 TB basil leaves, minced
- 2 TB parsley, minced – MY OWN PARSLEY
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 TB lemon zest
- 3 TB balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- Dash of salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Mix together the marinade ingredients in a bowl, pour over sliced steak in a bag, marinate chilled for 30 minutes (can be done overnight as well.)
- While marinating, prepare the salad veggies and mix the salad dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the grill to medium heat.
- While it is heating, combine the basil, parsley, lemon zest, and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Toss the greens
- Spray the corn and thickly sliced red onion rings with oil and cook each side for 5 minutes or until grill marks form on the corn kernels and onion becomes charred brown. Remove, let cool slightly, then slice kernels off of the cob and into a large serving bowl and chop the onions and put them in the bowl with the corn.
- Place the steak on a grill pan – grill both sides 4-5 minutes for rare to medium rare. Reminder that it keeps cooking a few minutes after it is removed from the heat.
- Place the greens in the bowl with the corn and onion, add the gorgonzola, + tomatoes. Toss with half of the dressing mixed with half of the herb mix. Serve it beneath steak slices and drizzle with more of the dressing and sprinkle with more of the herb mix.