Everyone needs a breakfast that is quick, simple, but not boring! This is 6 servings of quiche for your weekdays, to make the mornings easier.
Smoked Salmon + Egg Quiche
Makes 6 servings
What You Need:
- 1 pie crust- I use gluten-free wholly wholesome
- 4 oz light cream cheese, softened
- 1 TB chives, chopped
- Dash of onion powder
- 4 oz smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 1/2 TB capers
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- 1 cup hemp or coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, chives, + pinch of onion powder.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the bottom and sides of the prepared pie crust. Once spread, there should be a thin layer the entire way around.
- Line the cream cheese with the salmon + capers.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Add in some salt + pepper, to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture into the crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes or until eggs set. Try inserting a fork to see if it is solid.
- Optional: top with sliced heirloom tomatoes + parmesan cheese.
NUTRITION: x1 serving, 6 servings in total
450 Calories | 27g Fat | 645mg Sodium | 197mg Cholesterol | 36.7g Carbs | 8.9g Sugars | 13.7g Protein
TIP: to ‘volumize’ your meal, add a side of cooked veggies like greens for bulk without adding to many calories.