RECIPE REHAB FOR PASTA
Using noodle alternatives isn’t new, but sometimes I cannot do the raw veggie noodles and I need something cooked. Enter: spaghetti squash. Literally, even the name insinuates pasta! Simply half one, remove the seeds, + roast it at 350 degrees F until forked + tender. (varies due to size.) Let it cool + fork out the “noodles” into a bowl. Choose a sauce, veggies, + protein to add to it like the one I made below and have an instant pasta.
Spaghetti Squash A la Vodka Pasta with Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage
makes 4-6 servings
What You Need:
- 1 spaghetti squash, made + noodles scraped out (take 4 cups + add the following…)
- 2 cups prepared vodka sauce
- 1 cup peas, cooked
- 4 spicy Italian chicken sausage links, cooked + sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced + caramelized or pan-grilled with extra virgin olive oil
- optional: chopped basil, to top
- Simply prepare everything + then mix it together in a large bowl.
- To store, divide it into 4 servings + place in tupperware for the fridge.