My Lemon-Poppyseed Oatmeal Cake
This is a healthy take on a sweet treat that is made from a base of fiber-filled oats and made tasty with tart + tasty Meyer lemons.
makes 8 servings
- 3 large lemons, tops and bottoms chopped off and poked with a fork on top
- 6 pasture-raised eggs
- 1 1/2 cups xylitol
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 TB poppyseeds
- Zest of A Meyer lemon
- Pinch of Himalayan crystal salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, place the lemons with water and bring to a boil- simmer for 45 minutes or until soft all over. Let them cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the eggs with the xylitol (or sugar replacement) and vanilla until it appears fluffy.
- Add in the oatmeal, baking powder, salt, & poppy seeds- mix well.
- Place the cooled lemons in a blender and blend until pureed.
- Mix the lemon puree into the large mixing bowl.
- Pour mixture into the coconut oil-sprayed cake pan and bake for 2 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the center and comes out clean.
- Top with lemon zest and optional add-on is some organic whip!