Not only is this a tasty recipe, but it is a gorgeous serving piece!
Watermelon Radish + Feta Quiche
makes 5-6 servings
- 1 Watermelon radish, thinly sliced (can’t source watermelon radish? Use regular radishes or go with 1/2 C of gently cooked broccoli florets or asparagus tips
- 4 large eggs, scrambled (using egg whites? 1/4 C of liquid egg whites = 1 large egg)
- 1/8 C yellow onion, diced
- 1 C coconut cream or the fat from the top of a full fat can of coconut milk
- handful of fresh thyme + fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 wholly wholesome gluten-free crust
- 1 C crumbled herbed feta cheese – not a fan of feta? Try goat cheese. A little goes a long way for these flavorful cheeses.
- 2 C baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cover the pie crust with the watermelon radish slices. Mix the eggs, herbs, feta, + cream together and pour into the pie crust. Layer the top with watermelon radish slices as well.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until nice and golden- be sure the eggs are set.
NUTRITION: x1 serving, 6 servings in total
467 Calories | 31.5g Fat | 648mg Sodium | 147mg Cholesterol | 36.3g Carbs | 6.9g Sugars | 1g Fiber | 10g Protein